HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What a difference
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 04:57 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Bronko, I would also suggest you try the 8 round extender mag for that pistol. It only adds a finger width but it really does make a big difference in shooting. I have one for my BUG and it shoots really well for it is. If you are carrying it as a main, it carries well at the 4 o'clock position with a nice forward cant, with the extender mag, it still doesn't print much at all. I carry it in the small of the back and don't even notice it's there most of the time.
HL - I do carry toward the small of the back. But being a southpaw I'm more of an 8:30 man then a 4:00. Carrying at 4 O'clock for me would make drawing just a little difficult. LOL I have it in a ProCarry On Duty holster made by The Holster Store right here in FL.
When I'm stomping the woods or patroling them on my ATV I usually carry my S&W 44 in a cross draw holster along with a couple of speed loaders behind it. As much as I like shooting DA revolvers being lefty means I must switch hands to open and dump the cylinder. Then back into the left hand to reload using a speed loader or singly, grab with the right hand to close the cylinder then transfer back to the left hand. We lefties have to do a lot to adapt to a right hand world. Do you know how hard it is to find a left handed hammer or hand saw!

Last edited by bronko22000; 02-05-2019 at 05:00 AM.