HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help 4ft or 5ft net fence
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Madd Ranch
Spike

Default Help 4ft or 5ft net fence

Hi everyone,
I just joined today and I'm glad I found this site. I am about to low fence my property in Rocksprings and can't decide between 4ft net and 5ft net. I have 80 acres and plan on putting some exotics that are not known for jumping low fence. I still want the whitetail and axis to jump in so I'm still able to hunt them. The land I purchased is one of these 5000 acre ranches that has been split up,into 60-130acre tracks. The problem is that the owners of the land on both the north and east sides of the community that are not part of our community are high fencing their land to stop all the deer from coming over in our community. Both property owners are not a fan of the investment group splitting up the land which brings out all the hunters that kill everything that walks and unfortunately that's whats going on (not by me). The owner of the backside of the community that is not part of our community said he would high fence his side if he sees that everything is being killed out there. This community just opened for sale in Jan 2018
If all 3 non community property owners put up high fence all the property owners of our community will have no choice but to get together and have the front of the community high fenced which borders hwy 55. If the other 3 sides get fenced, the front of the community is the only place the animals would be able to get into the community which is not good for anyone in the community.
That being said, if all the moons align and the whole community gets high fenced we would have to buy all kinds of exotics to let go, for everyone to hunt. Most on the owners were talking about doing that already with no fences up.

If that were to happen would it be best to have a 4ft or a 5ft low fence? I know 5ft to have a better chance of my exotics not jumping out when pushed but would it be better have a 4ft to make it easier for the jumping exotics and whitetail to jump in, if an animal is pushed, I don't know if the extra foot of fence matters for them not jumping out.

Thanks in advance for all the good info
Charlie