HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Total Beginner
Thread: Total Beginner
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 10:02 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I still and NOT trying to be a jerk here or likes, , question your dual citizenship status
as the way it typically works, there is a LOT of paperwork that has to be done every so often to upkeep this status, as if your mother didn;t upkeep filling out these forms and filling proper paperwork after about 6 yrs lkiving in "X" country NON USA" they will loose there citizen ship and become one of the country they live in!
this would also effect your status
its NOT once an American your ALWAYS one like deal

MY suggestion to you is go to your LOCAL USA embassy, there should be one some where in your Country! there are one in every country I am aware of
THEY will give you proper current correct info
as till you know this info, planning anything with any hunting,m will be a waste of time and energy!!

you must be 18+ yrs of age to BUY a shotgun in the USA and you MUST have USA address and or ID that proves your a resident of the USA

SO< again, till you can PROVE your status, which a USA Embassy can help you with, , your just spinning your wheels on what you can or cannot do , IF you plan to go down the deal as CLAIMING to be a USA resident(and not saying either way you are or are not)

NOW if you wish to hunt just as a citizen of your HOME country, you can also hunt this way and disregard any USA citizen ship status all together
this route again, you need to contact, game depts in states your considering and and finding out what steps you have to go thru, passport, age, hunting safety course ,proof of having taken one they will accept and honor, , and then the traveling with a weapon, to and from your country to here and back, which will have its own set of rules and will have to be declared at entrance to the USA and also, leaving your home country!

you can ALSO< try contacting some LARGER hunting guide services, they MIGHT be able to offer some better possible experiences with others traveling abroad to hunt with them, but I do NOT know of many that honestly come from other country's to hunt in NY State, its NOT a trophy state to be honest and most that travel far and spend the $$ to do so, tend to go to more trophy minded states!
a simple search of B&C records will list top states, adn you can then try contacting outfitters in these states for maybe any info they can offer on any hunters they have had that came from other countries, maybe they can shed some hands on experiences here for you

but IMO< your asking a lot of things without knowing for sure a LOT of YOUR side info that is a MUST know part of this trip
I again am NOT trying to deter you here, just saying, it sounds like your not up to date with what YOU are as for citizenship and how that works and without knowing this part, the rest doesn't matter to be honest,a s till you know the status of things on YOU 100%< you cannot really go forward on planning a trip!
if you follow me here
I again best advice, is get to BOTH your country's Embassy, and a USA embassy in YOUR country and find out what things are 100% and what steps are needed to START planning a hunt out of country!

before doing this I am going to throw this out just in case<
MAKE sure you talk to your MOM first!
as again, there are LEGAL things she is/was supposed to be doing when living abroad, that if she did correctly, OK< if she didn';t?? However, MIGHT get her into trouble, possible tax issue's and or other things

you can do a simple search on the world wide web, about HOW to live abroad as a USA citizen for long periods of time and you will find , like I stated above, there are steps that HAD to been done to keep USA citizen ship, if she didn't, then that VOIDS her ties to the USA as a citizen and that will also void your's!
this is open basic info , NOT hard to find with looking!

SO again, your status is questionable IMO here, and till you get that found out 100% for sure
you never going to get correct answers

and last, the info here in a FORUM< is NOT the info you want to plan your trip with, as we do NOT do this stuff for a living and any BAD info here and you follow it, can get YOU in legal troubles!
so, talk to officials, at embassy's, and then game dept,'s then government status and such, so you DON"T end up in jail or like troubles!