HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail Cam Question
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 12:52 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I been saying this for 20 yrs, trail cam makers are missing out on a LOT of $$$, if they offered built in GPS tracking service to TRACK cam's that get stolen
build in a GPS system that can be activated and tracked for a FEE
I am SURE more than me would LOVE to track down the SOB"s that have stolen a camera and come face to face to meet with them and have a conversation or two!
I have never seen a trail cam company YET that offers any help in recovering a stolen camera, or one that even had a GPS system in it(every single cell phone today has them so they cannot be big hard to install or costly IMO)
I have had at least 15+ cams stolen off me personally, and it SUCKS
the BEST thing I have done to date, is I used a broken cam, I modified it with a pepper spray grenade with BLUE dye in with it,( they were made for crowd dispersion )
I had it so that once the door of camera was opened it deployed spraying pepper and dye for about 6 minutes NON stop, I HOPE it ruined who ever took its, furniture and or turned them blue for a few days
IT was stolen and I never found out who, but I am sure they got a surprise they were NOT expecting
slight satisfactions , but honestly, not what I would have rather ed!

Over the yrs I have set up dummy DEAD broken cam's with better cam's watching over them placed WAY out of reach, but have yet to be able to ID anyone taking the broken cam's
just too hard to get a GOOD look at a face on them

IMO< if a trail cam company again, offered a PAY per use IF needed, GPS tracking service, they would make a BUNCH of cash and a bunch of happy costumers, and sell more camera's due to this!

I have NO clue why they don't unless its some sort of Illegal deal
as even GOOD civilian use GPS systems cannot be SUPER accurate for some silly legal reasons!

the worst part of trail cam theft from my experience is, it fellow Hunters that are stealing them, a shame to me.
and such a lack of respect of others items!