HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 223 ?
Thread: 223 ?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 07:04 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
The savage enemies we have faced since Viet Nam don,t care one bit about gettin their wounded out.Thr VC admitted that if they lost 100 to our 1 they counted that has a success.They used that wounded scenario against,t us,not the other way around.
I hate to propagate a silly thread on a topic like this, but this doesn’t hold water.

I haven’t been in, but I’m a fan of the men who make my home safe to sleep at night. There have been many reported accounts of multiple targets being presented in recent wars and conflicts as enemy combatants entered the field to recover dead or wounded. Also accounts where American targets were hit by what appeared to be NON-combatants who appeared to be attempting recovery.

While the statement was never made, the sentiment was true at the time - we’ve all heard the legend the VC had reported “we’ll lose 100 just to take 1,” just as we’ve all heard that Admiral Yamamoto advised Japan could never invade the US mainland because there would be “a rifle waiting behind every blade of grass.” He never said that, nor was it true, as not every American, even in that era, was willing or prepared to pick up a rifle to defend our country. They’re inspiring mantra’s of war propoganda, but little more.