HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What a difference
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 07:56 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default What a difference

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but....I don't have any problems shooting handguns as far as accuracy. Now I'm no expert but I can usually hit what I'm aiming at with some consistency. However, saying that, I was having a heck of a time with my M&P Shield 9mm shooting what I would consider all over the place. My M&P40 I can shoot great as well as my other handguns. But not the Shield even though I carry it all the time. All the while I was blaming it on the grip being too small and it turns out I was right. A bit over a week ago I saw a product called the Hogue Hand-all. This is a rubber sleeve that fits over the polymer grip of the pistol and is pistol specific. I ordered one and got it a couple days ago and installed it. (read the directions and follow them for ease of installation). The feel of the pistol is not totally different and much more comfortable. It fills my "gorilla" hands nicely and provides a better non-slip surface.
This morning I took the Shield out to test it and was pleasantly surprised at how well it and I shot. At 12 yards I was able to keep all rounds from two magazines (14) into a 2" cluster right at the point of aim. My confidence in this little pistol has now been restored.
If you're having the same issue it may be a good idea to look this product up.