HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 05:39 PM
truthinthematt
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
I completely agree on this point. I stated such in my replies to them in the survey. Yes once you kill 3 bucks your done killing bucks the same goes for does. I hunt KY as well and this is how it is. Does are per WMA regs and will remain the same so if you don't get drawn for antlerless permit Arch season on SOME wmas are your only way to kill your two does unless you have private access. That was per an FWC officer when I called to region HQ to get some answers. Officer I talked to was in complete agreement with me that the current system of Arch only does on some WMAs and no does on other WMAs is the main cause of our lopsided numbers. He did say that he expects this to be a fluid adjustment and that he believes the 2 does is a conservative approach and that as better data from the private lands combined with more data being reported from public lands will help to increase the bag limit on does. But that is only one officer's opinion/ comments.
I get it and at this point it would be good for management plus its beyond me why we are just now talking about a reporting program. The part that stinks is for us who also have leases, on my lease the rule is 3 bucks/2 does so under the proposals once I fill my lease that I pay money for Im done. No more hunting deer on private or public land. I guess I could contribute effort in reducing the hog population. who knows