HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade
Old 12-25-2018, 05:35 AM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Heck BPS, I hate to see you departing over this. I wasn't trying to have my way, only explain why I posted this thread in the Traditional forum. I must have expressed myself poorly to upset you so.

I remember the days when we had much more activity in the Black Powder forum and, as JW mentioned, were a congenial community that treated the forum as our own little campfire conversation. No one was offended if one of the guys posted off topic regarding a successful fishing trip, a great vacation, or even the purchase of a new cartridge gun. I sure don't remember
arguments arising between those who prefer modern style ML firearms vs those of us who prefer traditional. It may have occurred but if it did it didn't stick in my memory. The only controversy I recall had to do with one member being frequently challenged for posting his opinions as "facts".

Like you I have a number of rifles; in-lines, caplocks, and flintlocks. Some are scoped. Many are not. I enjoy shooting and talking about them all and try to fit them in the correct forum.