HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Go to hunting forum?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 09:24 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
I have never put in a food plot nor a game camera, when I said I was proud of the fact I hunt private ground, it simply means I have put in the work to be able to hunt such properties. If anyone has a stick up their bum.....
I liked QDMA for the simple fact that judging somebody else's intelligence is usually about how much they agree with you. I liked and followed many of their recommendations for good forage crops.

I mostly hunt leases, either my own or swapped hunts with other leases.

Some basic differences between public land and private are IMO private is more like game management than true wild land hunting. Most of the leases I hunt are mixed woods and agriculture. And a big part of my hunting is keeping the crop damage down to acceptable levels. I put out food plots to try and keep the game out of the crops.

I've had some good and bad experiences hunting public land. Many of the problems I've had with public land is some people get pretty aggressive and territorial about the whole thing. I own a parcel of land that borders public state owned land. I've had guys try and run me off of my own land. Not my idea of hunting, confronting or being confronted by armed ignoramuses out in the middle of nowhere. Something about being out in the middle of nowhere that seems to strip the thin veneer of civility out of some people.
This is the only hunting site I hang out at, not enough hours in a day to spend too much time on line.