HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whitetail Craziness
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I agree with a lot above here, I also sort of find many shows are NOT about killing or harvesting but almost all maybe just about SHOOTING more than anything
setting up in a big blind with creature comforts almost as if at home, on prime lands, over prime food plots(or inside woods of them)
and then a animal walks out, the SHOOTER many times ASKS the cameraman HOW far is it, as if its there JOB to tell them range of animal
and then they shoot, said animal
then hoop and holler about what a great hunter they are and SHOT and kill they just made
and got to love how many times they shoot a animal in mid day and YET don;'t find it till dark, and claim it only ran a few yards and died LOL next get into a super long range craze we have going, about shooting hundreds of yards and then some
and WHERE is the skills here in HUNTING< NONE IMO< its more about SHOOTING SKILLS Now
and don;'t get em wrong I am NOT against shooting far, been a 1,000 yard shooter since the late 80's, and learned from some of the best out there and PUT thousands of rounds and time in to learn how to
But I still don't call shooting an animal real far out there HUNTING SKILLS, its shooting skills at some point over ability to hunt things!
I also agree if its legal, well,we really shouldn;t bash too hard as anti hunters are already outnumbering us hunters/shooters as is
I just think older HUNTERS that grew up learning how to read sign, track , spend tons of time LEARNING how the animals we hunted , lived and survived and thrived, so we could find there ANY where they lived and NOT just on food plots and prime lands
find modern hunters , maybe SPOILED and well, lacking skills we earned the hard way
its a modern world, where so few really LEARN anything the hard way, its all about short cuts and just knowing enough to get BY anymore IMO
the less anyone seems to have to do to do anything, the better they seem to think it is.
and maybe for some of us older folks, we, valued all our mistakes we made along the way to becoming what WE feel makes us a REAL hunter, over some of these modern day shooters! that are sponsored by so many, and almost handed prime lands , with a lot of the scouting and work done by others, where they just seem to have to show up, and or where killing a deer maybe isn;'t so hard, as finding one on your own in an unknown area! where them hard earned skills start to come out more and I BET to those of us that have them, when we DO kill, we feel we earned things more, even if the difference between the two is small, as the name of the game I guess to most hunters is to be successful
and what every gets you there and again is LEGAL
should be OK
it will never be my style but I am old school, and I also don;t get MOST of the things today's generation feel so strongly about needing to do, or how they wish to do it
Just part of getting old I guess LOL