HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whitetail Craziness
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 02:54 PM
tatonka
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
Were you not just in Saskatchewan complaining about seeing only small bucks. I'm not sure are you now complaining about people only trying to shoot bigger bucks ? As far as the guy patting himself on the back for shooting a big buck on his property that is managed by someone else why shouldn't he ? I hunted a buddies place in Kansas for the past 4 years and am still waiting to shoot a big buck !As long as its free range and not high fence good for him. I wish it was as easy as you seem to think well actually maybe not. I wish I had the money to be able to purchase a nice piece of property and have it managed for deer ! I should also add that I have hunted Montana for the past 5 years and if I lived there I don't think I could ever complain about hunting man you have it good there
Of course if your just fishing to get some traffic here then you got me LOL
You missed my point... Yes, I did just go to SK, but I didn't buy a farm, lease land, lock everyone else out, etc. If I had my own farm, planted food plots, used every gadget under the sun, etc. and couldn't shoot a whopper buck I'd take up golf or bowling..... I wasn't complaining about Montana. I was making observations about what hunting whitetails has become in general. It's not about me complaining about people wanting to shoot big bucks.....it's what they're doing to accomplish it. Shoot, we all want to shoot big bucks but when does it become an obsession rather than a fun pastime? I know guys who work part-time jobs to go out of state to hunt and will hunt 3 or 4 states every fall.. Nothing wrong with that to a point, but several of those guys have ended up divorced. That's a lot of time away from the wives and children. Is a big buck really more important than family?

You're right....living in Montana is wonderful as far as hunting and fishing goes (if you can get access to places to hunt). It gets more difficult here every year.

OK...bash away...