HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA WOLF opinions and load recommendations?
Old 11-26-2018, 03:52 AM
longbowelk
Spike

When talking muzzleloader and being broke would require more info. What and where you hunting or you just plinking? Personally, your range for effective killing say a deer would be 100 or less so I would not add a scope. I'd take the rear sight off and add a peep. I'll have to repost the web sight that has one made for CVA for about $60. I'd go with loose powder. I prefer Alliant Black MZ. Good powder with easier cleaning. Pyrodex RS is cheaper but takes more cleaning. Projectiles,,,this is where you spend the money. What bullet is legal in your state is one question. Simple is power belts. I am not a fan and don't use them. I have friends that shoot them with CVA Wolf and get good results. I personally shoot the Acura with 400 to 450 gr lead conical that I cast myself. There are some sources on the web for these. Lot more shooting required to find the right one. I think you would need a .501 conical to work with the Wolf. Sabots may be better if legal. Buy some
50 Cal Harvester ribbed ones and a box of your choice of .429 300 gr pistol bullets. Look at Hornady. Maybe this will help.