HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 02:25 PM
jkk101
Spike

this guy is on foot but IDK he come up September and October and wanted to park and go scout the guys property and place corn and cam when he crossed my property he had to seen the deer activity there .we have kale,curly top salad and purple top turnips .the amount of deer sign was crazy just tracks everywhere.and 2 weeks before rut hit it all pretty much stopped was spaces of 6 days and nothing was on our cams.pretty much around the same time this guy was going onto the landowners land and placing corn and big and j attractant .i know last year he told me he was placing a feeder and wanted me to help him keep corn in it said he wanted to draw the deer away from the owner that doesn't allow hunting.now i wonder if he hasn't done the same to me.then again like i said they caught a buck that looked to score in the 200 class on cam in this area and the hunting pressure has increased .
i really don't know how to handle it i like the guy alright but if he was hurting my hunting knowingly i wouldn't be happy about it i'm sure you guys know how much you can spend on hunting.now i'm not the most experienced hunter i have been hunting the last 5 years and i don't trophy hunt i take them for the meat and i have never not seen bucks here it's just crazy to me all i have seen in the last 13 days is a few does and a button buck.
i started by smoking my clothes because its a scent they are used to smelling in this area me and another fellow have wood stoves after the first few days i decided to wash my clothes with decent detergent and use dead down wind and drop my cover scents and nothing .just like they are no deer at all in the area.and now this guy starts pushing in the only area i am seeing much while telling me he has seen 18 to 20 deer a day and watched numerous buck travel past his stand.

Last edited by jkk101; 11-23-2018 at 02:42 PM.