HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 09:37 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

a lot depends on the area your hunting and where the deer stay and how there effected by humans in the area
, if on private land I would have a larger issues if the person was trespassing
if on public lands, its just the nature of the beast
I have a lot of feed back from hunters that hunt public land, and it almost seems at times, many people see YOU hunting in an area and they USE you as a scouting tool thinking you know better and it MUST be a good area if your there
and have even had and know of several hunters walking in on guys ans setting up just a few yards from them,
a actual deal with me on PA game lands, I had a guy walk up on me, seen me from a good 500 yards out, and just kept coming
I was sitting on a large boulder outcrop in orange head to toe, on a snow covered mt top
guy came all the way up to me and seemed top wanta friend>
he then told me,, his plans were to sit NEXT to me, and we THEN could watch different directions and see who see's a deer first gets to shoot it>>
I was about 2 miles in from the nearest road, walked in 2 hours before sunrise to be there at first light and this IDIOT IMO< showed up about 30 minutes into sun rise
needless to say I wasn't happy, and DIDN"T stay there sitting next to him??
BUT its public lands and NOTHING you can do about it!

every area you hunt can be different on HOW deer are effected by guys wandering about
they can push deer OFF lands or push them into you, , and other things too