HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 07:04 AM
David2018
Spike

So I scouted again yesterday to get more familiar with my stand area. Found good trails in and out of a couple cypress domes but no rubs. Those domes are so thick I don't know how you would ever get in there and setup a stand much less make a shot. Guy at the gate said that's where they live due to so much pressure. Oh well. I do have an issue to deal with... parked the truck and headed in down one of the plowed trails that goes about 50 yards before it turns to the right. There is a trail that goes into and through the pines if you go straight, which is where I go to reach a more open area for walking. Apparantly someone put a stand up about thirty yards into the pines trail looking out at the plowed trail; stand is facing the road. So my question is this... if I get there first, do I make my walk and pass their stand (about twenty yards away)? Doesn't seem cool. If I am there after they setup for the AM I definitely shouldn't go in. That's gonna result in moving my entry and adding about 3/4 mile to my walk in. Hopefully it is an archery stand and gone next week when gun quota 1 begins.

Count at 471 gate as of 11/21: 8 deer (3 bucks, an 8, 6, spike) and 2 hogs.

Good luck to you archers for the last hunt this Turkey Weekend!