HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Honda Atv for food plots
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 03:42 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30
I'd be curious as to which ones you think are just as reliable.
I have been involved with atv's since they came out
I am not just a hunter using them, and have a lot of friends in the atv world

IMO< and by MOST surveys you will find,
in the reliability end of atv's
the list tends to ALWAYS run this way

# 1 Honda,
# 2 Yamaha
after that things get blurry some, and you find, Suzuki/Kawasaki tend to bounce about in # 3
I am NOT brand loyal or bashing any one brand so singing praise really to anyone, this tends to be common info in the ATV world
and after that the MOST problem some atv;'s tend to be, Arctic cat, Can AM and Polaris
Polaris tens to sell the MOST atv's, so in a numbers game of things, there also maybe WHY there known to have the most issue's just MORE of them out there to fail, if you follow that logic
there are countless owners of ALL brands that have NEVER had a lick of problems and are super BRAND loyal and strong opinionated on them
but when a non bias survey is ever done the list tends to come out like I have it above,
take that for what ever you wish it to mean

IMO< Honda is # one, but failing , they got that rep on there OLD simple atv;s they made that so many STILL praise today for being super reliable and over built,a s to under built as so many things today are
all the electronic;s and gadgets so many people today FEEL the NEED to have on atv's IMO is making them all more problem some, just way too many things to fail and the OEM"S all seem to know, few folsk today plan LONG term when buying and don't care about making payments
IMO far to many folks today have a throw away mind set and just keep making payemnts on everything!

IMO, Yamaha has the BEST CVT sytem on any CVT atv, hands down and they also are super reliable every where else

the ONLY reason I say HONDA's make for the BEST FOOD PLOT atv's , is again, they have GEAR drive systems, NO belts, and are able to hold a gear like NO other atv out there IMO
there more tractor like than any other atv on the market
that is,m the FOREMAN line atv's, and even there becoming less tractor like, due to demands for more comfort than work!
there OLD air cooler 4x4 foot shift models is what got them the rep they have
but I still say there the best food plot atv out there

FAR too many of the LARGER motored ATv's that have the POWER, IMO don't have the cooling systems to handle going SLOW and working a BIG motor, they develop too much heat , that is meant to be cooled by air flow from traveling at higher speeds, NOT just going 3-4 mph for hours pulling a load
at my camp we went thru that phase of big bore atv's thinking better working tool
and the smaller one's have out worked them countless times, due to them over heating on us!
the Diesel atv's are another story, but even them are not as great as the honda drive train,m IF someone made one of the diesel motors in a gear drive atv< they would be the food plot atv kings, but demand is far too low, for a OEM to make one IMO!
people today want everything EASY, simple, push a button, a foot shift scares too many away, they DON"T want to learn a new skill , or that's what I hear
want to just put in gear and go and be simple for any idiot to operate it?