HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rules of a hunting club????
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 01:01 PM
JGFLHunter
Typical Buck

Obviously the minimum set of rules you can go by would be to follow state regulations. In Florida, we have a Spring and Fall Turkey season. But in the hunting club the rule is no fall harvest of Turkey. So that sucks, but in the end it’s worth it because of the Turkey population and the size of the Toms that are harvested. You can do whatever you want. I would definitely suggest keeping member numbers down if the money allows for it. My club has about 5200 acres and we have 52 members. So that’s ridiculous and when the hunting starts, it’s almost over because of the pressure. Just because the state has it regulations you can make your own. If you want the deer population to stay the way it is or be better have each member take only one or two bucks and 1 or two does. Then you can continue to make inventory and go from there for the following years. I would love to be able to be a club president and run the show but it’s a lot of work and do the best to please everyone. But again if you have some good friends or some family members that can join in, y’all won’t have to worry about anything.