HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally got the hunting gun I’ve been wanting
Old 10-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Kylecolb
Spike

Default Finally got the hunting gun I’ve been wanting

I have searching for a shotgun that felt like an extension of my body, mainly to use for upland birds and turkeys and rabbits and whatever else may cross my path in the field. I have literally handled probably 100 shotguns in my search. Ive been wanting to move on from my cheaper shotguns to something a bit better and smoother. Now I’m not saying anything is wrong with a Remington 870 but I think everyone wants something “more” after a while. And something that is easier to carry while spending a long day walking logging roads or through dense and thick cover searching for a grouse, or holding in a ready to shoot position on a long beard Tom without fatigue.

I have been searching for a gun under $1000 as I work full time while my wife is a stay at home mother for our 2 boys so I had to stay on budget. I wanted a gun that shouldered and pointed well, felt natural, was light weight for carrying on long days, removable chokes, wood stock for aesthetics, and just fit right.

The Benelli Montefeltro 12 gauge 26” is the gun that fit the bill. Saw high reviews and posts of it all over the bird hunting forums and other forums. This was the gun I felt and knew I had to have. I tried to talk myself out of it and find something cheaper but I just couldn’t do it. The gun just feels good.

I finally pulled the trigger today today and brought one home and can’t wait to get to work filling the freezer now and for decades to come.
Attached Images