HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Va Deer Check In Question...
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 03:49 PM
toytruck
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Whino83
I work very weird hours that vary. Today I work 8pm-5am. I worry on days like today if I’d happen to get a deer this evening at last legal light I’d never have time to get it out of the woods and back home and to make it to work on time. So if I would happen to get one I’d notch my tag, check it in, and leave it and get it tomorrow morning. But I plan on hunting tomorrow morning so does that mean when I hunt tomorrow morning I can’t shoot one because then I’d be dragging 2 deer from the woods even though each would be legally checked in for each day? I’d hate to get a ticket for dragging 2 deer out of the woods even though I think? I’d be legal in doing so. Any advice on my situation?
You should have time to take it to a game processor I would think. That would be much better than leaving it till the next day cause the coyotes will surely find it in the night. I had this happen to a doe I couldn't find back in Jan. 2016, it was cold an called for snow, but didn't happen. I got back on the trail at first light an found her, but not before some varmit had started chewing on her front neck/shoulder area. I still took her out an cut away all the tainted area, but still lost some hamburger meat so not a big deal. Just an FYI!