HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How fast do you travel on an atv in the woods
Old 10-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Berserker
Typical Buck

We don't know much about his plan. But he said hunting trip. My guess is he want to know how long to get some place. They are traveling to remote camp or such.

I doubt he means to his blind, cause then wouldn't be a time issue so much.

question probably comes up on at forums. Some guys go on trips and put lots of miles on

going to my stand I don't worry about going slow. They hear you coming, and gun is strapped in. I usually just walk. But this year i.moved spots during season. Rode in as fast I pleased and walked last few hundred yards.

but again, my guess is he is trying to get some place. Best to go for ride and see
. I ride faster with sxs than atv. Dirt roads fast. Homemade trails that I know 7-teens. Old trails maybe about that. If I have visibility and good trails faster.

I only ride atv/snowmobile trails a few times a year. Spend lots of time making and looking for old trails. Can go for hours and only few miles, same when I ride sled.

go for test ride. But still won't know until you see the terrain . But people do 100 mile rides on 4 wheelers.