HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Zippo Handwarmers?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Jack Ryan
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by redmag
Anyone use this type of hand warmer and are they good for cold weather? Not interested in the chemical hand warmers because they do work for me.
Used 'em since we fueled 'em with dried dinosaur dung. Their great. I fuel mine with white gas. You can get that at Walmart in the camping area right next to the Coleman fuel which you can use in them to if you want to spend more money but not quite as much as lighter fluid. If you just want to spend as much as possible then use Zippo Lighter fluid in it.

I've got the charcoal one to but I think it smells worse and is harder to use.

Before you ever light any of them the first time, get some aluminum foil from the kitchen. Cut enough off to wrap up the whole heater very well and wrap it around it when you aren't using it. Then fold it up and save it when the heater is in use. This allows you to wrap it up more or less air tight or at least well enough to essentially "turn it off" if you decide you don't need the heat any more.

Controlling the air controls the heat these things produce, that is what the bag is for they come in. Taking it in and out of the bag and your pocket, playing with it all the time is going to lead to one hot MF pretty quick. It's not a problem with the device, it's a problem with your own self control.

Last edited by Jack Ryan; 10-21-2018 at 04:51 PM.