HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - traditions new bullets called carnavore
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Gm54-120
Giant Nontypical

Traditions used Parker BE and Hydra-Con bullets for a long time and sold them at the same price. Next they switched to rebranding Hornady SSTs and now the cheap plated Berry bullets. Have you noticed that TB is virtually silent about these so called new bullets and sabots? He has been pimping Traditions now for years but he is also in bed with Harvester. Both are listed as his primary sponsors. When i see plated bullets for a buck a pop or more i have to wonder. You can buy a GoldDot or DeepCurl for much less. You can buy StarTips from Fury Custom bullets for under a buck each and they are a bonded jacket bullet. Not some thin copper plating.

If you want a cheap CA compliant light weight bullet just grab a box of Barnes 185gr TAC-XPs or the similar bullet from Copper Only Projectile aka General Bullet. 40 bullets will set you back about $30 or less. I find it pretty much impossible to believe the 170gr Bleed is even remotely close to a .200 BC. Maybe on the moon.

General Bullet makes some of the newer bullets for Thor but you can buy them directly for much less
https://shop.generalbullet.com/45ACP...6860002155.htm