HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunter Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

For the OP, nahhh, you're never "too old to learn." Hunting is a sport where you can always learn something new. Which makes it fun. I learn something new or figure something else out on just about every hunt I go on. I've been out maybe 10 times so far this deer season and have learned stuff from each hunt. That's part of what makes it fun.

So, read a lot. Research a lot (the internet can be very helpful, obviously). Ask a lot (what this forum is all about really). Think a lot. And then see how these things work in your specific area and style of hunting. Not everybody hunts in the same area or in the same way. Your profile doesn't say which state you live in. Knowing that would help other members who live in the same state to give you more specifics for that state. Asking about different types of hunting, different animals, different weapon systems (archery, rifle, black powder, etc.) can also get you more specific answers. When you get to the core reason for this website, it's a place where hunters can talk about hunting, share memories and things they've learned and help newer hunters learn more about hunting. In essence, we are all "passing it on" on a website where hunters new and old gather to share the wealth.