HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 25-06 Sierra 100g Spitz vs Nosler Partition 100g spitz
Old 10-08-2018, 04:43 AM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

The partition is a tougher constructed bullet than the Pro Hunter for sure but if your shots are out beyond 100yds and farther I don't think you'll have a problem with the pro hunter at all if you tuck it behind the shoulder. If most of your shots are closer than 100yds i'd probably go with a little better constructed bullet like the partition, barnes tsx, nosler accubond, or the swift scirocco. Not saying the Pro Hunter won't get it done but with the speeds you'll be pushing i'd be a little leary about the bullet fragmenting at close range especially if you get in the shoulder.
No doubt the Pro Hunter is a fine deer bullet and i've personally killed quite a number of deer with the Sierra 117gr Pro Hunter from my 25.06 and my daughter uses the 120gr Pro Hunter from her .260 with excellent results as well. My personal load for my 25.06 is the Speer 120gr Hot-Cor and it's on game performance has been excellent for me from close up out past 350yds which is the longest shot where I hunt. If I were to ever drop down in bullet weight to 100grs in my 25.06 i'd personally go with a bonded bullet of some type. Good Luck. Mike