HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 145 qt Rtic cooler
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:02 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Berserker
The yet I are Chinese. I am sure some people do stuff that need them. But many are probably close to an ice machine.

so how long does it keep cold? I've been wanting something small with hook points for strapping lunch on my bike for work.
I am usually within a reasonable distance of ice but I have to buy it and it adds up pretty quick.

How long they keep cold depends on a lot of different factors. This coolers packed with a deer and ice during the fall hunting season will likely last for weeks. Even the 20qt pre cooled and packed well will last 4 or 5 days in the summer.

None of these would be practical for a lunch box. They are too heavy and overkill for 24 hour use.

We bought my father in law the 20 can soft cooler to strap on his bike for Christmas and he loves it but but I'm not sure he would love it as much if he had paid the $100 for it.

We have a soft 30 and we also love it. We use it all the time, it is durable, lite weight, and very convenient carrying up and down boat ramps etc. and has a pocket to keep a few small things dry however it is not a great ice holder. It does well for a soft cooler but it is still a soft cooler. They make an 8 can that would make a great lunch cooler but its a little pricey ($85) and won't likely pay for its self as about any cooler works for a lunch box. It is however very nice and would strap right on a bike. Maybe it would be worth it at a good sale price?

I don't carry a lunch box into a work place. I keep a cooler in the back of my truck that I can throw lunch and drinks in as needed. The 45qt can stay cold in the back of my truck year around for no more than a couple bucks a week and last years and years getting beat around back there.