HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Free Range vs. High Fence
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 05:12 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tatonka
Good point for sure. With today's technology (trail cams), it's a whole lot easier to know where big bucks exist. How many people would hunt as hard as they do on any property if they didn't have pictures of big bucks? Trail cams have changed deer hunting like no other piece of technology that I can think of.......other than compound bows perhaps. But technology is another topic. I was just making the point that someone could hunt 1,000 acres of Canadian bush and know that there are big bucks there via the use of a trail cam... Still not the same as hunting an enclosure though for sure... It would still be interesting to see how many bucks would be killed in a 1,000 acre enclosure in the bush if say 25 were released several months in advance. Probably wouldn't be as difficult as a totally free range hunt, but knowing whitetails and how they adapt I'm guessing it wouldn't be as easy as people might think.
No, I wouldn't expect it to be easy. Just easier. Either way if a good hunter has 1000 acres they should do quite well. I kill many of my mature bucks on farms that are 100 acres of less and a lot of them spent most of there time on someone elses property.