HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Free Range vs. High Fence
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:07 AM
Timbrhuntr
Typical Buck

I have never hunted one either and I never would but I used to hunt in Texas with a buddy for turkey and he took me around to look at some of the high fence operations. Just amazing the money they must have in fencing alone . I agree with rockport as an outfitter on a free range whitetail hunt wouldn't it be great to guarantee a kill on a huge buck especially since you know the buck or bucks is there and can't leave ever ! I watched a hunting show once where they were hunting a couple huge mature whitetails with a crossbow and they bumped these two bucks several times but still kept seeing them and even in daylight. I thought man those bucks must be different than where I hunt as one bump and I'd never see them again especially in daylight. well at the end of the show they gave the name of the outfitter so I looked it up and guess what high fence. Also there is a good book by a Michigan biologist on a deer study they did over many years where they kept deer in a mile and a half enclosure to study. Well they knew everything about every deer in that enclosure !