HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SD Whitetail rifle tag
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 07:32 PM
tatonka
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Berserker
MI and WI has strong tradition of hunting like I said, It is cultural thing. Not letting people who moved away, come back for deer season, would not go well. Plus there is a lot of money to be made.

We have a lot of people who move between states, own land in both. My camp is not in the state I live in. I get screwed on cost, but I can still buy.

Bear tags are tougher for non resident. only 21 in my zone to non residents, took me 4 years to get 2nd period. But bear hunting isn't the same as deer hunting around here, Not as many people do it.

Different cultures, Yes we get over ran with residents and non residents during deer season. Luckily lots of land where I am at.
It's not just a cultural thing in MI and WI....It's that way in many states...probably most of them. In Montana they have separate regulations for people who were born here who move out of state and want to come home to hunt. They don't have to draw like other nonresidents and the cost of the license is about half what it is for other nonresidents.