HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage Axis 2 in .308 accuracy problems
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 10:29 AM
kellyguinn
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
kelly, did you check the screws on the bases? they could be a little loose and they could cause problems. also make sure the stock isnt touching the barrel. slide a dollar bill from the front of the stock toward the receiver to make sure it doesnt hang up anywhere. as others said the trigger could be the problem also.

Yea I checked and all is good. The stock however was another story lol. Just the weight of the gun sitting on the bipod was flexing the stock to where it just touched the barrel. I just got the new Boyds barrel in yesterday and swapped them out but I wasn't aware that it came with a plastic trigger gaurd and magazine catch. I have ordered an aluminum catch and a metal trigger gaurd and should be able to get out to the range with it hopefully next week. I am also on the hunt for a good deal on a mid level scope. The wife and I's anniversary is Sunday and I was actually getting this ready for her. She bought me the gun for Christmas and she is just getting into hunting with me so hopefully she will like it. Here is a pic of what I have so far.
Attached Images