HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Copper bullets better for deer Hunting?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Treed
Spike

I’d recommend listening to the podcast Shoot’n the Bull, episode #49. I recently had a friend send it to me, we both have only ever used lead and never thought about switching, and I also assume everything that comes out of California is not based on rational thought. Take out the question just how non lead billets perform compared to lead and whether or not lead bullet fragments can negatively affect the environment or hunters consuming the meat. To me the biggest question is as a hunting community in the day of the internet and trumped up outrage is how do we want to be perceived by the non hunting population, which is the majority. We need to do a better job of informing the public that we are managing wildlife and preserving the environment because as a group nobody relies on and cares for it more than us. Maybe volunteering to use non lead is part of way to get our message across while doing the right thing. I haven’t switched yet but am considering it.