HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Grins and Giggles with Two Barrels and Big Balls
Old 07-15-2018, 07:29 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Default Grins and Giggles with Two Barrels and Big Balls

First you buy a gun you didn’t need.

Then buy a mold and cast some nice shiny balls.

Then fabricate a crude temporary peep sight out of a plastic bottle cap.

And stick it on the gun with a little dab of hot glue.

That should work!

Then find a big piece of cardboard for a target backer and stick it out at 25 yards on the hunting club rifle range.

Then load both barrels with 75 grains GOEX FFg and a pillow tick patch around the balls (lubed with my “traditional” Liquid Wrench), and take two shots from the bench.

DANG!, I should have made the hole in that down & dirty peep a little closer to the barrel. OK, let’s take two more shots.

Wow. Both barrels came together. I wonder if the fouled bore was responsible. Let’s try two more shots.

OK, that’s not too bad. Not great, but not horrible. Let’s go with two more.

Hey! That’s starting to look like a group. By now the temperature is somewhere above 90-degrees and the humidity ain’t far behind. Even in a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops I’m sweating so much my underwear is soaked and I have to wipe my eyes every thirty seconds. But I just have to shoot one more final round. Here it is.

Well guys. That’s it for me. The fun has totally gone out of this session. Lets go find some patches.

They’re in pretty sad shape.

Next time out I’ll have to try some thick greasy patch lube or maybe a wad over the powder. But not today! It’s time to head to my little hooch in the camp ground for some air conditioning and a cold beer.

Last edited by Semisane; 07-15-2018 at 07:32 PM.