HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Honest Thoughts on the Diamond Edge SB-1 By Bowtech
Old 05-27-2018, 01:02 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Boondock Patrol
I am looking for your Honest thoughts (Don't Tip Toe Around The Truth) on the Diamond Edge SB-1 by Bowtech.

Here is what's going on! A few years back I bought a Budget Hunting Rifle while finishing College. I researched and got a Savage Axis II with an AccuTrigger on Black Friday for under $300 dollars. It has brought down multiple elk over the years with one shot each time with the Federal Blue box .270 Powershok. At .66 MOA at 100 yards, the gun is hard to beat at that price.

Now I am wanting to get into Archery Hunting and needing a bow. I drew a coveted Elk tag this year in AZ during the Rut and want a good budget bow. I know there are many thoughts as to what Bow is the best.......I'm not looking at that. I found a good deal on a Diamond Edge for under $400 bucks. I want to see from experience if any of you believe this is a reliable enough bow to go get my elk.
If you managed to draw a hard to get tag for elk, skimping on the bow you are going to use may not be the best plan. I know nothing about the bow you are considering, but I do know, wile I am not wealthy, the last thing I would skimp on would be the bow and the arrows and broad heads I was going to use. The elk trip is probably not the last bow hunt you will undertake.