HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 The Rejects
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 01:42 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

My season ended with the ultimate musical chairs. Moved 1/4 mile away to a brush line where I'd been glassing mature toms strutting consistently all week. Between 7 am - 8 am glassed back across that field and watched three toms with hens & jakes work their way slowly 10 yards in front of both my prior stand sites. Took a 3 hour mid day break and got back in blind. At 5 pm watched another mature tom strutting past same 2 stands, then at 6 pm another. So a total of 5 long beards in easy range of wrong stands that day. I had zero turkeys at my chosen spot all day. Oh well at least I learned about this new field. No need for decoys, they follow all the tree and brush lines, morning and evening. Just got to get there very early with good concealment. Got negative results again the two times I tried dekes. It just disrupted otherwise reliable travel routes.

My Ghost Blind ended up trumped due to swarms of biting fleas or gnats this year. This was not a problem in prior years. I ended up wearing a double layer of head nets, but some still snuck under to bite my neck badly. I'll take a bigger one next year I can tuck in my shirt. Good luck to all still hunting.