HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reloading vs Cheap yet reliable 9mm
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 04:32 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

Default Reloading vs Cheap yet reliable 9mm

I have of late been using Federal's American Eagle 115g ammo since I just haven't had the time to sit at the Dillon to crank out ammo. I have found a source that allows me to purchase that Federal stuff at between .16-18c per round by buying bulk. Since I use pretty high quality components my reloads figure out to right at .13-14c buying bulk components. I've not been able to source anything cheaper other than Tula, which I would never subject any firearm I like to that crap and probably not even a firearm I hated either. I've went through a couple thousand rounds now of the Fed and have yet to have a misfire or any other problem. While I full well know the positives of reloading for my rifles to get the utmost accuracy at distance through tuning rounds to what my rifles like the best, I am starting to wonder to myself it is worth the time sitting at the bench to save a couple of cents per round when that Federal ammo is just as accurate and reliable. My main reason for reloading isn't cost, but accuracy and reliability although when we go through thousands of rounds a month, that cost does factor in. So, after that long winded reverie, what is your feelings about reloading common rounds that you can buy for just a touch more than you can reload them for and them be just as accurate and reliable as those you rolled yourself? Now I'm not talking about your defense ammo. I wouldn't trust anyone but myself to load something my life could very well depend on, but practice ammo to sling at paper and steel or even competition such as IDPA is what I am questioning myself about.