HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 The Rejects
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 04:36 AM
kellyguinn
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Ok guys I have a little less than 2 weeks left in the season. I may be able to get out a couple more mornings, but that's about it. Season has moved to all day now so I could hit up a few evenings. I have never done any evening hunts for turkeys. Give me some suggestions. I'm guessing I will be close to the roosting area. Are decoys still good in the evenings? What about calling? Should I just use hen decoys or throw in a Jake as well. Let me hear your suggestions.
I normally don't use a decoy much after early morning and depending on how they seem to act around them then I may not use one at all. If ya do mid day and late evening I would use a single hen decoy. From about 10 am till 2 pm I seem to have my best luck turkey hunting as thats normally when they are out searching for the hens to follow to the roost. LIke Zim said if you know their travel routes back to the roost then that can be very productive but calling alot of times won't work unless you can call in the lead hen that they are with.