HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Recurve Bow
Thread: Recurve Bow
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 04:21 AM
archeryrob
Fork Horn

My computer went nuts and had to be restarted, I lost what I typed.

You need to get a bow and then arrows. Arrows spine might be 10# over the bow weight, but needs to be fine tuned. Then set a nock point for proper flight.

Learning instinctive shooting. You basically focus on the target and not the bow and draw and hit the target. you brain does all the calcs in the background just like throwing a baseball. You need to work on being extremely repetitive. Same stance, same draw, same anchor, same release. If you vary at all while learning you're going to miss and get frustrated. Once you develop it you can shoot a lot more positions and angles and footings no other archers can do, but it can be HIGHLY frustrating to learn when you do it wrong. You need to practice very night and when you get weak and tired your shooting will suck and you're not learning. you need to train the neural connections to be able to do it with lots of repetition.

I snap shoot but that is way beyond what you need to know at this point and explaining it would probably mess you up trying to develop your form.

I would suggest going to the Tradgang.com and read stuff, then ask stuff. Look for archers in your area and post in the state section and see who can help. Traditioanl guys love to help new archers as long as you are open minded.