HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 The Rejects
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Great pics. We can't get birds to come within 200 yards of a blind on the public land I hunt. Even during deer season they will not come anywhere close. What is an Invisiblind? Is it like the ghostblind?
kelly, Oh yes sorry mine is actually the Ghost Blind. I don't think they make the Invisiblind any more. This is exactly the ticket for heavy pressured late season toms. I was frustrated for years hunting my favorite WI public properties, where NR's can only get late season tags. It was unreal how the toms circled around my setups 80 yards out like clockwork. After two took one glance from 150 yards and ran like hell, I decided I better try something different. Ordered a Ghost Blind and never looked back. Problem has been beyond completely eliminated. Only issue now I need to beware of is rain.

First few times out I had deer grazing so close I actually heard them pulling weeds before seeing them. Then was calling a tom when 5 jakes walked up within 5 or 10 feet. I had to peek out the handle hole to photo. The cool part is nothing suspects a thing even when they get extremely close. They casually go about their business. Now one good thing to have is travel corridors identified. Because the WI toms will still avoid decoys in the late season. But I have observed the birds in my favorite areas for years so I know the routes they prefer. The best part with these is the critters don't need to get used to them because they can't see them. So you can run and gun as you please, with minimal cover necessary. You can even set up in an open field. I may actually try this next hunt at one spot I know the direction they come from.

I rarely buy new hunting toys, but this was the exception. Glad I did. I would encourage you to try one of these some time.

Last edited by Zim; 05-02-2018 at 03:00 PM.