HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best States to Go Moose Hunting
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:40 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Youngun ,

A little off topic but.... Be picky while you can be. I jumped at the first "real" job that I was offered after college. I ended up in an area I didn't like doing a job I didn't like. I suffered for about half a year there before deciding to hit the reset button and improving my situation. I ended up having to take a different job not in my career field for about a year and having to explain the "failed" first job in all subsequent interviews.

I've been in my career field now since 2013 and love what I do and where I do it. But, If you can be picky... wait for the right fit and the right location.

Think of it this way. It's better to go be miserable and work at a pizza shop(Or wherever) for six months now than to pick the wrong location and job and spend the next 30 years wishing you'd picked something else.

If I didn't have family and land where I'm at now, then I would have ended up in WYO or MT. But the family and the investment we have into the land here kept me in Ohio/PA area. Gotta weigh what is important to you.

But, don't be in a rush to land that first paycheck. Make sure it's a good spot for you and you future. If I was a single guy without family ties keeping me then big game hunting would definitely play a part in my decision making process. It's allot easier to hunt 2 hours from your house than it is to hunt 24 hours from your house!
-Jake