HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leverevolution Powder in .308 and Other Cartridges
Old 04-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

There’s no magic to it. Leverevolution is right on the slower end of the spectrum of 308win powders - no reason it can’t be used for it, but no reason to expect it could actually turn the .308win into anything it is not. Superperformance powder is another one which can look really great in some loadings.

The Leverevolution Powder is also well documented as performing well in cartridges like the .308 marlin express and it’s progeny - a very similar case to the 308win.

Remember also, proper ammunition manufacturers have access to non-canster powders us reloaders can never purchase. It rarely does result in anything we can’t replicate, but in reality, it SHOULD. If this little reloading shop is patting themselves on the back for using a less-than-common canister powder for the application, I guess some folks who don’t know better might be impressed. In his 750 rounds, what pressure testing was done?

I’ve seen guys touting H1000 as fantastic for 6mm Creedmoor lately, claiming it’s faster than H4350 and doubles barrel life... I can’t fit enough of it into my cases to even come close to the velocity of H4350 and the muzzle blast and smoke looks like a black powder rifle... but a couple guys online swear it’s the best thing since sliced bread... see the parallel here?

I don’t have any reason to think Leverevolution wouldn’t be a decent powder for 308win, but I also have no reason to believe it does anything unexpected in that service.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 04-18-2018 at 03:37 PM.