HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lehigh Spear
Thread: Lehigh Spear
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 04:39 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well call me skeptical but I don't see that bullet design to be any better then what's already out there and I when I was talking about accuracy I was thinking of the tip getting slightly bend from improper loading which would cause an out of balance condition.
Not sure you can bend them although I haven't tried. I honestly think they would break before bending. Because of the density and hardness of the copper they are inserted into - I am sure they would break before moving in the seat.

Seems to me like there isn't enough support for the tip. Now we're talking an aluminum tip here not a lead tip.
Correct it is aluminum but it is harden to a very high degree. It is more brittle than it is bendable.

Lead tips fired from centerfires do melt some as do some of the older polymer tips.
I will looked into my imbalance concern and found this (which is what I was trying to say initially): http://riflebarrels.com/a-look-at-bu...nce-and-twist/ .
I truly believe what you are saying about imbalance - just do not see a way that a normal person loading this bullet could create that condition.