HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are your decoy recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:54 AM
Timbrhuntr
Typical Buck

I have had turkeys walk right into no decoys just calling and also hang up at 50 yards and strut! I have had the same thing happen with decoys but since I started using the DSD decoys there are way more that come right in than don't ! I have had hens strut and try and gobble at the DSD hen and stay in the decoy set up for a half hour just working over that decoy purring and yelping until along comes old tom wondering what is happening. I have had 3 jakes take turns one after the other on the decoy and even had one of them squat down and fall a sleep for 15 minutes next to it. Several toms as well have hung around even after shooting their buddy. Now that I am doing more bow hunts I would't be without one !! You can say they are expensive but if you are like me and do alot of turkey hunting they are cheap. I have had them for about 5 years and they are still like new while all the cheap ones lose their shape bend etc in a year or even before the season is done. I have even shop my jake and just a small touch up and you would never know it . Only problem is if you fall asleep and then get jolted awake for some reason don't shoot them lol !!