HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question on bolts
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:04 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Thanks. I've been shooting vertical bows for almost 60 years but these crossbows are new to me. I got 4 with it and I'm down to 2. I got a deal on a dozen Carbon Express bolts at a local flea market ($20) but they weigh 300 gr.
I will likely be shooting 125 gr Slick Tricks out of it. I took a dandy buck last season with the original bolts and a 150 Slick Trick.
My second biggest buck to date. And the coolest thing about it is I called hm in with a rattling sequence and a few grunts. He was looking for a fight but got more then he bargained for!
Oh I see, you got a good deal on some bolts is why you want to try it.

In that case I'd just try it and see. I didn't realize you already had the bolts. I'd try the new bolts with both heads assuming you still have those too. See what works.

I'll be shooting hogs with the 150 slick tricks in a couple weeks. The good thing about the crossbow scopes is your FP and broad heads can shoot different elevation you just have to remember where each hits.

Congrats on the deer It is a lot of fun. Ive had a crossbow for probably about 20 years but just deer hunted with one for the first time last year and shot a nice buck mid Oct.