HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question on bolts
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 08:25 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
That's not what I'm asking! Besides, it's a bit difficult to remove exoxyed inserts from shafts.
Well the answer is the F.O.C. arrows will probably be more accurate. It may or may not be a big deal depending on what broadheads you are shooting.

I was just trying to give you a solution for going to 125 grain head without changing arrows without knowing why you want to shoot 125 instead of 150 I thought maybe its because your preferred broadhead don't make 150 grain.

If I was concerned about F.O.C. and wanted to shoot a 125 instead of 150 thats what I would do.

Accuracy is generally better with F.O.C. bolts but you might get away with it shooting a crossbow that is relatively slow and a good flying broadhead

I would normally suggest a F.O.C. bolt and I don't want to tell you something that is wrong but I THINK you would PROBABLY be fine with that setup but it might be a little picky with broadheads. That is why I would just shoot the same bolts with heavier inserts if I wanted to shoot 150 heads instead of 125.

Even if you can't get the inserts out and have to buy new bolts at least you know it will work as it will be the same as what you have been using assuming they have been working good.

Last edited by rockport; 03-11-2018 at 08:36 PM.