HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Water Buffalo bowhunting blog
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 AM
DIY_guy
Typical Buck

Default Water Buffalo bowhunting blog

This destination hunt will take place in the hill country of Utopia Texas in Uvalde county and since the plan is to bring all the meat home, I will be making the 21 hour drive from my home in South East Wisconsin. I will meet up with other hunters in Dubuque Iowa on March 28.

This particular ranch encompasses 20,000 acres and is home to many native and African species. The ranch has an excess water Buffalo population that needs to be culled. We will be targeting Water Buffalo cows and perhaps other species (playing it by ear at this point)

Here is the object of this bowhunting adventure.

Fresh on the heels of last week's successful archery hunt for Vancouver bull and Polynesian pig in Hawaii, I'm gearing up for this hunt with some new broadheads. The heads I bought earlier for this hunt that I planed to use on water buffalo suddenly seemed inadequate for the task so I ordered some 250 grain Cutthroat broadheads. Reading and viewing the pictures at the web site below scared me straight.

https://adventurousbowhunter.wordpre...t-part-1/?vm=r

I placed an order for 250 grain, single bevel, Cutthroat heads.

I'm currently making more arrows to replace the once that were damaged or left in the remains of the bull carcass up on mount Mauna Loa on the Big Island of Hawaii. Since we used the gutless method for that bull, I was unable to retrieve some all my arrows form that hunt. I plan to use the same dual walled aluminum arrows that will have a finished weight of 700 Grains. In addition, I plan to boost the draw weight of my Bowtech bow from its current setting of 64 Pounds.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 03-01-2018 at 08:32 AM.