HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Understanding Whitetails
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Buschtc01
Spike

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
i do not know what surrounds your land--but with only 20 acres you will never keep many deer on site 24/7 with the food you are putting out you are getting a lot of neighborhood der coming around-- get in quick this spring or whenever you plant--do your planting and get out, stay out except for very occasional quick trecks onto property also have stands up now during the winter off season. I believe your bucks most likely will always be transcient for the most part so if and when you have one in sights shoot it ! my 2 cents
There is 200 acres posted across the street from, which 2 people have permission to hunt, none of them being family members, and then everything else around me is posted with a power line that butts up against my property. So get deer in from all over. But I get them on camera almost everyday this time of year. And then it seems most of the bigger bucks stay, but not the biggest as of yet, hoping the food plot changes that. Thank you for your input, also kind of have that mind set, although more towards shooting anything 8 or bigger since there aren’t a lot of hunters I feel I have better odds letting them be. And we can never guarantee they all live, just hoping the right ones due.