HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone else really pissed at the ever increasing licence fees
Old 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hardcastonly
I doubt you can find a single state where all the licences total less than $700 and most will cost over $1000 for a deer/and elk combo

So? Nobody makes you buy them. In FL where you are from a resident hunting license is $17 but a non-resident license is $151.50. If I want to hunt FL (I used to live there so I don't) then I pay $151.50. If you want to hunt elk in the Rockies then you pay the going rate. It is what it is and it has always been that way.

I don,t expect prices to remain at the 1960s prices I started with, but now that Im retired spending $2K-$4K on a weeks entertainment takes some of the fun out of the trip.

But nobody makes you do that do they?

here in FLORIDA the local resident guys over 65 no longer are required to buy a hunting licence ,

FL isn't the country and FL doesn't have elk, pronghorn, bighorn sheep, moose, mountain goats, bison, caribou or cougars that you can hunt. If they did they would charge for them. And FL is more than happy to charge a non-resident over the age of 65 their $151.50 don't they?

Id love to see some discount in the price for the non-resident guys over 65 even if it was just a couple hundred $

Have you notified your elected representative and asked them to do it? If not, why not?
I grew up in CO. I used to be able to buy resident elk tags for very little money. I paid less than $70 for a bighorn tag when I shot my ram. But I now live in TX and if I want to hunt CO I pay non-resident fees despite being a CO resident for more than 45 years and still owning property there. But in TX I don't pay any state income taxes and frankly I save a lot more in tax money that I spend in non-resident fees.

You can cry or you can hunt. I'll hunt.