HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best broadhead for xbows ??
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 11:38 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
For many many years I shot the 130 grain 4 blade muzzys in my Hoyt 65 pound, last 5 years outta my Barnett xbow at about 380 feet per sec claimed velocity---you should see the deer drop or run only 30 -40 yards when hit with this set up ! Rockport I love your wisdom and thoughts but you are off on this one 6 guys in camp for past 20 years all shoot muzzy 4 blades all mature guys who have been bow hunting for a long time
I don't think I am.

Are they shooting crossbows? If your setup right they all fly good with a regular compound but I stand by what I said. Some of the others fly easier than the muzzys.

I'm certainly not saying they are bad broadheads.

There are factors that must be in play. Are these guys shooting slow bows? Heavy arrows? Long draws? heavy F.O.C? I'd say you are front heavy(f.o.c.) with 130 grains which is probably why yours fly well.

Maybe I shouldn't say some of the others fly "better" because the muzzys will fly just as well in the right setup. Maybe I should say some of the others are "more forgiving"

I'm not knocking muzzys, some other really good heads are the same way like the original thunderheads. They just seem to catch to much air in a lot of cases specifically high speeds with lite arrows.

Ive got a couple buddies that shoot them but they shoot relatively slow with long heavy arrows.

Standard Slick tricks and viper tricks for example are generally much more forgiving. Muzzy has been designing some more forgiving flyers the last few years though like the Trocar

I'm glad they fly good for you, like I said definitely a good broadhead at a good price.

Last edited by rockport; 01-29-2018 at 11:48 AM.