HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help dialing in MOA second focal plane scope
Old 01-27-2018, 08:38 AM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lightjunkie
Well it's taken me forever and a day but I finally have my 1st and probably last 1/2 long range set up .After my Remington 700 classic in 300 Weatherby gave up the ghost I pinched Penney ,sold my children's inheritance (lol) and got a new Remington 700 sps stainless in .300 rum free floated the Tupperware stock installed a Leopold 20moa Mark 4 Steel rings drilled and tapped the 6-48tpi with #8/40 screws and a pair of high Leoupld steel quick disconnect rings and I know Iam going to get a bunch of flak about my scope choice.I mounted a Minox zx5i5x25x56 second focal plane scope.I love the optics eye relief and huge field of view but it has a second focal plane reticle and is set for 1/8"moa @100yards .I can use the built in bdc ,which according to Minox tech says the reticle is set up for 300 win mag 180gr ,@2900fps This works for me with the hold over on steel rams at 500 meters ,but eventually I would like to stretch out from 500 meters to 700,and incremental in 100 meters steps out to 1000 meters,can I do this with this scope?If so any links so I can read up on it?To be honest I won't be able to afford another scope and Iam more of a hunter 1st and secondly getting into long range target shooting.Also Muzzle brake is going on this month,I have done a lot of medium range shooting by today' standards out 600 yards on game with my Weatherby but it was only with Kentucky bondage usually setting up 3"@100 yards and taping a drop chart on my riffle butt for holdover but nowdays .Long range shooting has become so precision oriented, and i would like to learn how dial in my scope for no holdover is this possible with my setup?

+ QuoteReply
how much up do you have left in the scope? do you have enough to make 1K, I assume so since you have 20 Moa rings or base. download an app on your phone set the turret adjustment on 1/8 Moa and have at it, it ain't hard.
RR