HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Trip Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:11 PM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by tatonka
I think I'm going to forgo the insurance and take my chances as well.... So far I've not found much of anything under $1,000 to insure a $15,000 trip...way out of line.
That seems a bit much to protect a 15K investment. I have a hard time believing a cheaper rate couldn't be found. I wouldn't pay a grand to protect 15K but that is me.

Edit...I will add age and physical condition is something to factor in. Spending 1K to protect 15K might make more sense to the average 70year old than a 30 something person or even someone in their 40's and 50's. My last Caribbean trip for Mrs. CI and myself was fairly expensive and was to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica. I elected to buy trip insurance because we booked it about a year in advance. As flags mentioned airline fares can be re-booked but the majority of our costs were to the resort which was foreign based. At our age and the time to when the trip came up we elected to buy the insurance but it only amounted to a very small percentage of our costs certainly much less than a 1 to 15 ratio..

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 01-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.