HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is Brand Bashing?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 09:54 AM
IAhuntr
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
IAhunter, was John Walter Christie, the inventor of the first successful front wheel drive automobile, Japanese? I think not. Was Oldsmobile, the producer of the front wheel drive 1966 Toronato a Japanese company? I think not. Before you type, learn. 90% of Asian tech comes from the US. It's manufactured there cheaper. It's a well known fact that anyone with fingers can look up on the internet and one that has been known to us well before the wide spread use of the internet. That's the problem with kids today, you think you know all and most don't know a damn thing.
Kid? I'm 50. Take some of your own advice and read before you post:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front-wheel_drive

Your Toronado example is a completely different drive-train set up from the Japanese design to which I was referring which rules the market today which is the transverse engine front wheel drive. That's the design the American makers copied/borrowed/stole from the imports, likely because of the impractical design of the full size Toronado/Eldorado which couldn't be used in the compact market.

The 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado was the first U.S. front-wheel-drive car since the Cord 810. It used a longitudinal engine placement for its V8, coupled with an unusual "split" transmission, which turned the engine power 180 degrees. Power then went to a differential mounted to the transmission case, from which half-shafts took it to the wheels.
Apples and oranges.

You and GM54 should hook up. You both like side-skirting whatever point is being made on this forum and go off on some tangent. And an often incorrect tangent as well. A swing and a miss.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 01-08-2018 at 10:00 AM.